Saturday 6 April 2013

Carried on Double Page Spread Development


Just like the style model, I have used a quote as the subheading but done it in a different colour to the heading, this being red. I have done this as its similar to the colours on the image towards the left and its also on a white background as its cheaper to publish with white paper. I have done it in font 18 to make the text bigger than what the rest of the text would be as this again makes it more eye catching to the audience.

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2012/01/09/high-quality-free-fonts-2012/

This is a link to a website that helped me decide on fonts throughout my magazine.

 
This is my double page spread edit into a black and white theme again. This is just to experiment some ideas on how I want my double page spread to look.
 
This is a photo I took of an interview double page spread this just like my magazine double page spread is very dark and  just like the theme in my magazine, also its used a very limited number of colours being black white and pink, pink being associated with a female.  This is the layout that my double page spread will be based around and also the fonts are basic common fonts usually used in newspapers for example Arial, times new roman and Georgia etc.
 
 
This is the development of the text. Just like my style model I have done a short introduction and done the questions in bold and the responses in regular. This just symbolises and shows the difference between both the speaker and Mel Lowe. Again in black and white as that's the theme and rock is very black and white.
 
This is the completion of my double page spread. I went for a simple layout just like my style model and used red for the quote as it brought a bit of colour not too much and not too little to make the double page spread more interesting, and not too colourless. The text is in 2 columns like most articles are rather than massive chunky paragraphs as the audience is for people my age.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment